THE BODY STUDIO
WITH DONNA ROGAN
How I became a Les Mills, Zumba & FitSteps Instructor!
- LES MILLS Instructors require a Level 2 industry qualification, which includes a written component of anatomy and physiology and be insurable to teach group fitness. This includes an Exercise to Music or Gym instructor Certificates, of which I qualified in 1993.
- All LES MILLS programmes are club driven and Instructors must be affiliated to a club that holds an agreement to the appropriate programmes.
- Prospective Instructors attend 2 training modules where they receive training in 5 key elements of successful instruction: choreography, role model technique, Coaching mastery, Connecting and creating fitness magic. Competence in all elements is imperative, as excellence will promote an instructor to an outstanding level.
- After passing the modules, regular classes must be taught, thereafter 12 weeks, a video submission of yourself teaching an entire class structure from start to finish (nothing edited) is sent to the National Assessors to be examined. Successful applicants will therefore qualify as International Instructors.
- Quarterly workshops are part of the on going training we are committed to do. Each quarter, new music, moves and education are released, and in order to keep your qualifications updated, attendance is compulsory.
- With living in Guernsey, this means frequent traveling to the UK to attend these workshops is unavoidable. Intense hard work and commitment is needed to perform these new releases and give my participants 110% X FACTOR!
- I qualified first in BodyBalance in 2000 at Beau Sejour Leisure Centre, then set myself up (The Body Studio) to advance and qualify in BodyStep in 2002, BodyCombat in 2003, BodyAttack in 2004 and BodyVive in 2007.
- 2011 I took on the ZUMBA Training course and qualified as a ZUMBA Instructor & ZIN member.
-2013 I have taken on the newest challenge, qualifing in "FITSTEPS". Fitness programme devised by "Strictly's Ian Waite & Natalie Lowe along side Olympic Swimmer Mark Foster.
- This fitness magic continues to grow, as I love teaching group fitness, no matter how big or small the class is. All classes are suitable to all ages and level of fitness, options are always clearly instructed. ....So if you have tried 1 class, why not try another, they are all so very different, and find out which ones suit you to achieve your goals.
- To date I'm teaching BodyCombat, Step Fitness, Core & Restore, FitSteps and FitStep FAB which is a low impact dance fitness divised "For All Bodies". I also assist my sister Vanessa in Wheelchairography which is dancing in Wheelchairs ....Go on give them all a try (check out Timetable) and see which fitness class suits you best!